Submitting Motherhood by Choice or the trilogy to your local TV station is a multi-step project that has the power to reach beyond the pro-choice community. Local TV enables concerned citizens who might not otherwise hear of a screening to watch the film in the comfort of their own homes.
To submit the film for broadcast by your local station:
- Find your local Community Media station.
- Submit the program. Call the station and tell them that you have a documentary film to submit for playback. Station guidelines for obtaining TV airtime vary, but most community media stations are prepared to broadcast any program submitted by a member of the community.
- Check the format needed and deliver the DVD or videotape [NOTE: the trilogy is not available on DVD].
- Confirm the broadcast date(s) and spread the word. Take a look at our resource kit to find a sample press release and other materials you'll find helpful in publicizing the broadcast.
- Hold a viewing party on the night of the broadcast!